Sunday 30 April 2017

Paint it black

As I had some spare time left yesterday afternoon I decided to do a little cosmetic improvement. Both door window styles showed paint erosion. It's only visible from short distance but it's unnecessary patina in my opinion which can be easily upgraded:







I did not sand it beforehand but cleaned it thoroughly with thinner which even removed some more black paint. Then using scotch paint tape and old newspapers to cover off the other parts. I still had a spraycan of black matte paint. The job was done fairly quickly. And this was a money free upgrade for once. Unfortunately two small drips in the paint work, sigh. So I need to redo that next week as I still have the other door to do. To give an impression of both sides before and after. Click the picture to enlarge.

                                                                           Before


After


No comments:

Post a Comment