Thursday 10 May 2018

Front dismantling Part II

And now the follow up of part I: http://erwinxjs.blogspot.nl/2018/04/front-dismantling.html

Earlier this week I had already done some checking regarding the needed parts. So far I usually ordered my parts via SNG Barratt. But upon checking some parts I noticed a huge price difference for the dryer and condensor. Their price for the dryer is € 49,- and for the condensor € 189,- But at Winparts.nl I found them respectively for € 15,- and € 108,-. Including shipping it costed only € 130,-
Today I checked if the received parts were ok. Apparently the condensor is made in China.




And the measurement was good as it fitted ok. Except one pipe going to the tube was bend in the wrong direction. Grrr. Hopefully I can bend it gently without damaging it. It's very fragile.



In any case, I now could continue with freeing up the radiator. So unscrewing al mounting clips on the hoses.


 Removing the connecters from the sensor


Removing the connector from the fan

 Tilting the car to reach the screw of the bottom hose




 Still no joy to reach it, so I had to remove the bottom spoiler






 And now with the bottom plastic cover removed


And now it became apparent one cover plate was suffering rust. And by the looks of it, judging on the yellow slugde, the car has been treated against rust. The radiator bar/holder was ok and without rust. It's only this silly plate.

And now I can finally reach the screw of the hose. However it didn't came off as the clamp was broken. So in the end I had to cut it open with a fine saw. Besides I was already planning to have all hoses replaced, so no harm done.


And the radiator came out quite nicely and looks to be in fairly good condition. I don't consider it to be replaced with a new one at least.


Cut off hose
 Current situation:


Getting the fan housing out was a bit of fiddling due to the mouting brackets but also I haven't figured out yet how to take of the yellow fan. But the housing came off though. Clearly this can use a nice respray.

 And the slightly rotten cover plate. Not sure if and where they can be ordered.



Now everything is open also the extra reservoir can be taken off for a respray


Looks like there is another claxon/horn mounted using the same bolt. At least it looks like a horn. But earlier I had already removed another horn pair?

 And now removed. As said, this can use a respray as well

And this is how it looks now. Fairly good condition. Except the bottom part needs to be repainted to avoid potential rust (not clearly visual on the photo).

 Still I'm not sure how to remove the fan. So I started to remove the waterpiping and hoses.

 Et voila. Another item that needs cleaning and respraying.


And that was it for today. Hopefully tomorrow I figure out how remove the fan. Take off the belts, airco compressor, waterpomp and check some other bits and pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment